Today is Friday, Nov. 11. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: National Weather Service says scattered showers, mainly before 10 a.m. Cloudy with a high near 52 degrees and windy -- gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Veterans Day ceremony: The city's annual ceremony will begin at the VFW at 9 a.m. with refreshments before veterans gather to march down to the City Hall at 10:45 a.m. Navy Lt. Commander Eric Polonsky will be the guest speaker.
- Sweat for a vet: The Torigian Family YMCA will be hosting a spin-a-thon fundraiser tomorrow morning for wounded warriors, particularly Peabody's own P.J. Campbell.
- Peabody soccer: Lady Tanners soccer takes Manning Field in Lynn Saturday afternoon (2:30 p.m.) in a semi-final showdown against Acton-Boxboro. The winner will move on to face either Chelmsford or North Andover, who also play Saturday, in the Division I North Final.
- Stepping out: The Cassidy Art Museum is opening its newest exhibit, "Stepping Out: The Art of Formalwear," on Sunday afternoon.