5 Things You Need to Know Today, May 17
PACC annual auction, campaign events, cars and coffee, high school art and fashion.
Today is Thursday, May 17. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: Sunny with a high near 70 degrees.
- PACC annual auction: The Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce's annual auction is online and televised until May 31. Peruse through Red Sox tickets, travel items, fine dining, jewelry and more. The auction items are featured every Tuesday on PAT Channel 99 from 7:30-8:30 p.m. and you can find the auction catalog here or you can still donate by calling 978-531-0384.
- Meet and greet the candidates: State Senate candidate Joan Lovely of Salem will be over at the Danver's Polish Club on Cheever Street tonight from 5:30-7:30 for a meet and greet, while Mary-Ellen Manning of Peabody is inviting supporters to join her at Treadwell's Ice Cream on Sunday from 2-4 p.m. for a free scoop. You have to "like" her campaign Facebook page first though.
- NeXus New England is kicking of its second annual Cars 'n Coffee event and this time is coming all the way up from Framingham to Peabody on Sunday to benefit the family of James Rice through the Peabody Firefighters Local 925 fund. The parade of hot rods, muscle cars, classics, trucks and bikes will arrive in rear parking lot of the Northshore Mall by Sports Medicine North at 11 a.m. Donations will be collected both in Framingham and Peabody.
- Art and fashion on display: Mark your calendars for May 22 -- it's the annual student art and fashion show at Peabody High. The art show begins at 6 p.m. and the fashion show gets underway at 7:15 p.m. Culinary students will also be providing refreshments. Artwork will then be on display May 23-24 during normal school hours.