Today is Friday, March 16. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Today's weather: A chance of showers and thunderstorms today and mostly cloudy with a high near 50 degrees.
- The city's bike path will be temporarily closed between the Ipswich River trailhead and the Russell Street trailhead, starting Saturday and lasting until May 7. National Grid will be working on transmission lines in Peabody alongside the path. The city asks that to ensure your safety, use the detour along Russell Street while that portion of the path is closed. You can find more information on the project here. Only authorized personnel are allowed within the right of way during construction. If you have any questions, call Sue Scarcella at National Grid at 781-907-1611 or reach her by email at email@example.com.
- St. Thomas the Apostle Church is holding its annual St. Patrick's Day celebration on Saturday at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Salem.
- Voting in this week's Best of Patch Readers' Choice poll ends at 9 a.m. The winner will then be announced at noon.
- Claim your listing: Are you a local business owner in Peabody? Is your business listed in our directory, Patch Places? Learn how to claim your listing and make sure it's up-to-date -- it's free.