5 Things You Need to Know Today, Dec. 20
Candlelight vigil, school break coming up, performing arts fundraiser and more.
Today is Thurdsday, Dec. 20. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Vigil: A candlelight vigil will be held tonight at 6 p.m. in front of City Hall to remember the victims in the Sandy Hook School shooting.
- Holiday hours: All three branches of the Peabody Institute Library will be open from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Christmas Eve and closed on Christmas. The library will be open normal hours Dec. 26.
- Friday is the last day of school for the Peabody Public Schools before the winter holiday break. Classes resume Wednesday, Jan. 2.
- The PVMHS Performing Arts Department is selling lottery calendars. With the purchase of one calendar, you get 31 chances to win cash prizes and free tickets to Performing Arts events throughout the month of January. Calendars are just $10 and make great holiday gifts. For more information, or to purchase a calendar, contact Jeanne Carnevale at email@example.com by Monday, Dec. 31.
- Christmas at the Haven: The city's food pantry is serving up Christmas Dinner for free for anyone in need of a meal Dec. 25 and there will be presents and Santa as well.