5 Things to Know: Wear Green and White Today
Holiday toy drives wrapping up this week as well.
Today is Monday, Dec. 17. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- As school resumes today, the citywide parent-teacher organization, Peabody PTC, is asking all students, parents, faculty, staff and the community at-large to wear green and white for the day. Green and white are the school colors at Sandy Hook Elementary. The local PTO group says it is trying to coordinate a show of support for the bucolic Connecticut town that has now suffered such tragedy.
- The late James Rice and five other Peabody firefighters will receive Firefighter of the Year awards tomorrow in an annual ceremony out in Worcester, officiated by Gov. Deval Patrick and other state officials.
- If you're planning on eating out at Burtons Grill in the near future, make sure you stop to grab a food item to donate first. The restauraunt says it's collecting non-perishable food items for Haven from Hunger.
- And speaking of the Haven, the pantry will be giving new toys and clothing to children ages 1-12 who are there with their families to receive dinner on Dec. 21. The Haven still needs some help in making sure all the kids on the list are covered. Call 978-531-1530 for more information. Gifts need to be dropped off before noon on Dec. 20.
- Holiday toy drive: The Police Department's annual holiday toy drive runs until Dec. 21. Drop off new, unwrapped toys in the station lobby.