5 Things You Need to Know Today, Aug. 15
Student-Athlete forms due, a photo contest and more.
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 15. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- If your kid will be playing football or field hockey at Peabody High this fall, today is the deadline for turning in their forms prior to tryouts. Forms for soccer are due Thursday, and golf, volleyball and cross country need to be turned in on Friday.
- "We Love It Here!" That's the theme of a photo contest now underway at Salem Five. The local banking institution is inviting contestants to submit a photo that captures their vision of the "essence of New England" for a chance to win one of three prizes: a getaway at a hotel on Nantucket, an overnight stay on the Crane Estate in Ipswich or dinner on Rowes Warf. Photos can be uploaded until Oct. 5. A panel of judges from the Peabody Essex Museum will choose the top 10 entries and the public will then vote for its favorite photo on Facebook. You can enter the contest by “liking” the Salem Five Facebook page then upload your photo. Click here for contest guidelines and further details.
- State Senate candidate John Slattery will be joining us on Thursday at 2 p.m. for a live chat with readers.
- The deadline to register to vote in the state primary on Sept. 6 is this Friday. You can obtain registration forms from the City Clerk's office at City Hall. Call 978-538-5756 for more information or to check your voter registration status in Peabody.
- Readers' Choice: The deadline for voting in this year's Readers' Choice awards is Friday. Get your votes in now to have your say.