5 Things You Need to Know Today, Aug. 10
Here's the lineup or this weekend.
Today is Friday, Aug. 10. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- The weekend in weather: Chance of showers and thunderstorms late this afternoon and then again overnight, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 79 degrees. Saturday likely holds more showers and thunderstorms, however, producing some heavy rains. There is a slight chance of more of the same Sunday morning. The high for both days is 82 degrees.
- Team Ricey shirts: A team of firefighters and friends who are competing in a Spartan Race this Saturday are selling team tee shirts that will be worn on race day and donating the proceeds to the James Rice Memorial Fund at North Shore Bank. The fund benefits the Rice family. The team is also still accepting new members who want to test their mettle in Amesbury. You can find more details at the team website.
- Farmers Market Saturday: The farmers market in the courtyard over at the Main Branch Library runs 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Beantown Swing Orchestra and John Stevens are next up in the city's annual summer concert series on Sunday from 6-8 p.m.
- "Gwendolyn the Graceful Pig" author David Rottenberg and ballerinas from the North Shore Performing Arts Center will be at the West Branch Library Monday at 11 a.m. Stop on by, it's free.