5 Things to Know: The Weekend Lineup
Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Peabody.
Today is Friday, Jan. 25. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- "The Big Picture": Peabody's Relay for Life will be hosting its annual Kick Off Celebration on Sunday, Jan. 27. The theme of this year's Kick Off is "The Big Picture." You can learn about healthy living, enter raffles, receive free giveaways, learn about the Relay, and sign up or join a team from 1-4 p.m. at Temple Beth Shalom.
- Senator Joan Lovely will speak this morning (7:30-8:30 a.m.) at the Danversport Yacht Club for the North Shore Business Forum. Lovely will share some perspective from her first three weeks on Beacon Hill and preview upcoming legislative issues that will affect small businesses on the North Shore.
- Youth sports signups: The annual citywide youth sports signups will be held Jan. 26 and Feb. 2 from 9 a.m. - noon at the Higgins Middle School cafeteria on both days. Most Peabody youth sports organizations will be present for questions and registrations. If you have questions, contact the organizations directly. The Peabody Recreation Department sponsors the event, but does not handle any of the registrations. A copy of your child's birth certificate is required if you will be registering for sports. You can find contact information for the various sports on the parks and recreation page of the city's website.
- Latin Dance Party at the Stonewood Tavern this Sunday with Grupo Fantasia. Practice your salsa or Zumba moves or just watch. It's free.
- The Peabody Historical Society of Peabody and Museum Textile Services of Andover will host a Sampler Study Day at the Historical Society's Smith Barn at 38 Felton St., Peabody on Saturday, Jan. 26 from 10 a.m. - noon.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: