5 Things to Know: Primary Election for State Rep
It's Election Day in Peabody.
Today is Tuesday, March 5. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- A little bit of election trivia: With Joyce Spiliotis' seat on Beacon Hill up for grabs between four candidates, there is the possibility that a Republican could represent the Tanner City once again after more than 20 years. Do you know who that last Republican was to represent Peabody (if only in part) in the State House? Here's a hint, he wasn't from Peabody.
- Election: Today is Primary Day in Peabody for Ward 1 through 4 and Precinct 1 and 3 in Ward 5 -- get out and vote to narrow down the field of candidates for your next state representative in Peabody. You can find out where to vote here.
- Job fair: The Peabody Public Schools are holding a job fair for prospective educators to the district on Wednesday at the Kiley School from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Schools Superintendent Joe Mastrocola will be chatting with the Peabody Area Chamber of Commerce's Government Affairs Committee on March 7 at 4 p.m. The committee regularly hosts guests in local, state or federal government positions to forge relationships with the local business community and work together.
- Award of Distinction: Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates says it recently honored Beverly resident Dr. William Boyd with the Robert H. Ebert Award of Distinction, given to individuals who stand out as role models. Boyd is an internist at Harvard Vanguard's Peabody office and was also recently appointed the Northern Regional Medical Director for the company.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: