5 Things to Know: Pizza and Ecology
The Center School is holding a fundraiser tonight at Prince's Pizzeria to help pay the for the fifth-graders' annual ecology trip.
Today is Tuesday, Jan. 15. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Pizza fundraiser: The fifth grade at the Center School invites family and friends to head over to Prince Pizzeria on Route 1 in Saugus tonight between 5-8 p.m. for a fundraiser. In addition to the food, there will be a candy wheel game, tattoos, “lottery tree” and 50/50 raffles. Families purchase their meals and then meet in the back room. Prince's will donate 25 percent of the sales on food purchases for the fifth grade ecology trip, but you need to bring this coupon with you.
- The weather should be seasonably warm (high of 41 degrees) and mostly sunny again today, although the snow could return late tonight, according to the National Weather Service. The NWS says there's a 50 percent chance of snowfall after midnight, but only accumulating to less than 1 inch. Snow and rain may continue into Wednesday.
- A winter concert: Peabody High's choral and instrumental groups will be putting on a winter concert Wednesday night at City Hall. Technically, it's two concerts in one and only $5 to see both.
- Food for fines: The Peabody Institute Library is now running its annual program to benefit Haven from Hunger until Feb. 15. Donations of canned goods and other non-perishable items will be accepted to clear overdue fines on Peabody-owned library materials.
- Youth sports signups: The annual citywide youth sports signups will be held Jan. 26 and Feb. 2 from 9 a.m. - noon at the Higgins Middle School cafeteria on both days. Most Peabody youth sports organizations will be present for questions and registrations. If you have questions, contact the organizations directly. The Peabody Recreation Department sponsors the event, but does not handle any of the registrations. A copy of your child's birth certificate is required if you will be registering for sports. You can find contact information for the various sports on the parks and recreation page of thecity's website.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: