5 Things to Know: One Last Hurrah for Snow
Another snowstorm is expected to roll in late Monday night into Tuesday morning.
Today is Monday, March 18. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Storm on the way: Mother Nature apparently isn't done with the snow yet. Three to five inches of heavy snow is anticipated on Tuesday, starting early that morning as a coastal storm passes through the region. According to the latest forecast from the National Weather Service, snow should begin to fall after 2 a.m. and finally turn to rain after 12 p.m. A Winter Storm Watch is in effect through Tuesday afternoon.
- The Brown School will receive a special award today for out-recycling other schools across the state.
- Peabody Recreation’s elementary school basketball league will be holding its final championship game today in the Higgins Middle School gym. The girls' game is at 3:30 p.m. followed by the boys at 4:30 p.m.
- Newly minted Peabody High principal to-be, Eric Buckley, will be the center of attention for a meet and greet at 4 p.m. today in the high school lobby.
- This year's Mary Upton Ferrin Award, which is going to Maria Ferri, will be presented at a ceremony at City Hall on March 20, along with several other awards for community service.