5 Things to Know: Live Forum Tonight With State Rep Candidates
Peabody Patch will join longtime "You Make the Call" host Dick Jarvis for an hourlong forum with the candidates for State Representative in Peabody. Click over to PAT Channel 99 from 8-9 p.m.
Today is Wednesday, March 20. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Forum with the candidates: Peabody Patch will be heading over to Peabody Access studios tonight for a live forum with the candidates for State Representative. Make sure to click over to PAT Channel 99 for "You Make the Call" from 8-9 p.m. Also, if you have a question you'd like us to ask the candidates during the forum, leave your responses here and we'll do our best to include them.
- This year's Mary Upton Ferrin Award, which is going to Maria Ferri, will be presented at a ceremony at City Hall tonight (6 p.m.), along with several other awards for community service.
- It's time for some Texas Hold 'Em Poker this weekend -- the Progeria Research Foundation is holding its eighth annual tournament at Temple Beth Shalom on Saturday.
- Cooking for a Cure: Peabody firefighters and other departments from around the area are going head-to-head in their annual cook off at the Danversport Yacht Club Saturday to support the Muscular Dystrophy Association. For more information check out www.mdaevent.org/cookingforacure.
- The Peabody Learning Academy will hold its annual scholarship fundraiser at Burtons Grill this Sunday from 6-9 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at Burtons -- $30 per person or two for $50. The Simon Youth Foundation says that since the school opened in 2010, $66,500 has been raised for PLA grads.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: