5 Things to Know: Just Leave Your Christmas Tree at the Curb
If you haven't put your Christmas Tree out on the curb yet for pickup, JRM just says to leave it out on your regular trash collection day.
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 9. Here are five things to know today in Peabody.
- Dr. Howard Grant, president and CEO of Lahey Clinic, will be one of two guest speakers at the North Shore Chamber of Commerce's Executive Breakfast Forum this morning to talk about the local affect of federal healthcare reform and what lies ahead for 2013. Some of the topics will be new tax provisions due to take effect this year. The other guest speaker is Robert Norton, president and CEO of North Shore Medical Center. The breakfast is 7:15 a.m. at the Danversport Yacht Club.
- Still have your Christmas Tree kicking around? The Department of Public Services says city trash contractor JRM just asks that residents place trees out on their regular trash day for pickup.
- If you missed any of our coverage of the city's inaugural ceremonies on Monday night, you can read up on Mayor Bettencourt's mid-term address and City Council President Tom Gould's remarks and check out our photo and video gallery from the evening.
- The Northeast Massachusetts chapter of the Red Cross, which is now based in Peabody, is looking for nominations for its annual Community Heroes Awards. The awards are presented in six categories during the annual Community Heroes Breakfast, which will be held March 21 from 7:30-9 a.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Danvers. Nominations will be accepted through Jan. 18. Click here for more information.
- Hansel and Gretel: The Higgins Middle School Drama Club is taking the stage to act out a classic fairy tale this weekend. This version of "Hansel and Gretel" for young audiences and performers is adapted and dramatized from the Brothers Grimm original by Vera Morris. The Higgins drama club's performances this weekend are open to the public and will be 7 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday in the school auditorium.
Engage with your neighbors on Peabody Patch: