2 Men Charged With OUI; Female at Sonic Burned With Scalding Liquids
The following information was provided by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Feb. 22-24.
Friday, Feb. 22
- 2:35 p.m. Police received a call of a possible overdose in the parking lot at Walgreens on Main Street. One person was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 2:50 p.m. A caller on Shamrock Street reported a past break-in. An officer said an enclosed porch was entered but the interior door was not.
- 4:17 p.m. A Wilton Street resident reported a women's Movado watch and two rings stolen were stolen from her residence the night before and she had a possible suspect. An officer investigated the incident and said the suspect agreed to return the jewelry to the police station tomorrow and the victim was not looking to pursue charges.
- 4:20 p.m. Report of possible larceny of goods at Cinema Service and Supply on Walnut Street.
- 4:35 p.m. A 33-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for making threats to commit a crime, following an incident at a Magnolia Way apartment.
- 5:45 p.m. Employees at Jeweler's Workbench in the mall, their suspicions aroused, reported a teen was trying to pawn a bracelet. An officer responded and said he would hold onto the bracelet until he could speak with the teen's mother. He later reported that the jewelry was turned over to the mother and she would handle the matter at home.
- 8:17 p.m. A caller at Outback Steakhouse reported a car break-in. She said someone entered her vehicle and stole a backpack and wallet containing cash and credit cards.
- 9:34 p.m. Report of a female burned with "scalding liquids" at Sonic Drive-in. She was transported by ambulance to Mass. General Hospital.
Saturday, Feb. 23
- 1:24 a.m. John W. Dumais, 21, of 8 Ralph Rd., Danvers, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Washington Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and a marked lanes violation.
- 1:58 a.m. Timothy F. Leblanc, 24, of 104 Bow St., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lowell Street. He was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, a marked lanes violation and speeding.
- 9:34 a.m. A caller at Woobridge Assisted Living off Lynnfield Street reported the doors to his Bobcats were stolen.
- 9:39 a.m. A caller at a Lowell Street apartment reported some items were stolen from her unit. No further information was available.
- 7:03 p.m. A caller on Fulton Street reported some vandalism to a car. Police said the hood and passenger door of a black Honda Accord appeared to have been scratched with a sharp object.
- 9:07 p.m. A caller at Carrabba's Italian Grill reported someone broke into her vehicle. Police said the rear passenger window was smashed and an iPad, necklace, GPS device and a green backpack containing miscellaneous items were all stolen.
Sunday, Feb. 24
- 11:33 a.m. A caller reported finding a needle at the Carroll Savage Park on Lynnfield Street near the South School. An officer properly disposed of the needle.
- 1:17 p.m. Report of a youth who passed out at the altar at St. Adelaide's Parish. The juvenile was checked out by Atlantic Ambulance and refused medical transportation.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.