2 Face Charges of OUI, Assaulting Officer After Car Crashes Into Pole
The following information was submitted by the Peabody Police Department. Where charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
The following are excerpts from reports in the Peabody Police Department press log from Dec. 30 - Jan. 1.
Sunday, Dec. 30
- 1:18 a.m. A caller reported a possible water main break on Hunt Street.
- 5:35 a.m. A gray 2004 Honda Odyssey operated by a male driver struck a wall at Puritan Lawn cemetery. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- 7:57 a.m. Police said a vehicle struck a pole on Beckett Street and then hit a house, but only causing minimal damage.
- 8:57 a.m. An officer issued tickets for cars parked on Shillaber Street after reporting that cars were parked on both sides of the street and thus impeding snow removal operations. Between Shillaber and Aborn Street, the officer wrote 10 citations. Public Services requested a cruiser assist at the corner of Aborn Street and Aborn Place in announcing over a loudspeaker for residents to move their vehicles so the street could be plowed.
- 9:58 a.m. Police received multiple calls of a man down on the ground at the Hess gas station on Lowell Street. An officer said there was a car accident involving a pedestrian. The pedestrian was transported to Salem Hospital.
- 12:35 p.m. An employee at the Verizon Wireless store at the Northshore Mall reported that someone stole a cell phone from a display the day before.
- 3:54 p.m. David G. Stankiewicz, 32, of 6 Bartholomew Ter., Peabody, was arrested, following a motor vehicle stop on Lynnfield Street. He was charged with driving with an expired license and on a warrant.
- 4:58 p.m. An employee at Ulta Cosmetics reported a white male had just stolen $700 worth of fragrances from the store.
Monday, Dec. 31
- 10:08 a.m. A 38-year-old Peabody man was issued a court summons for domestic assault as part of a courtesy booking for Marblehead police.
- 11:13 a.m. A caller on Endicott Street reported $95 was stolen from the residence on Dec. 28.
- 1:07 p.m. Cynthia Rovendro, 40, of 24 Mason Ct., Amesbury, was arrested for shoplifting at Sears.
- 5 p.m. A caller on Sabino Farm Road reported ongoing harassment by his neighbor. He said his daughter was being harassed because of an increase in traffic in and out of the house. The neighbor was concerned that drugs were the cause of the uptick in traffic due to the daughter's history with drugs.
- 5:48 p.m. Michelle S. Pepen, 23, of 50 Ward St. #2, Salem, was arrested for shoplifting at Sears.
- 10:22 p.m. Police received a report of gunshots heard in the vicinity of Brookbridge Road. Middleton police were also notified, but were unable to find anything suspicious.
- 11:47 p.m. A caller on Lowell Street reported an intoxicated male was staggering in the driveway. Police said the male was transported to Lahey Clinic due to "excessive celebrating."
Tuesday, Jan. 1
- 12:15 a.m. Police officers reported they "shut down" fireworks on Linden Road.
- 12:42 a.m. Police responded to a report of a vehicle into a pole on Perkins Street. One man was arrested while the female driver was issued a court summons. Ronald A. Dominguez, 34, of 5 Tanners Ct., Peabody, was charged with assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and on a Peabody warrant. A 32-year-old Peabody woman who lives at the same address was summonsed for driving under the influence of alcohol, endangering a child while OUI, driving recklessly to endanger and a marked lanes violation.
- 1:33 a.m. Brandon Suffern, 21, of 12 Pope St. #B507, Salem, was arrested for disorderly conduct on a report of a patient acting up at Lahey Clinic.
- 1:47 a.m. A female was transported to Salem Hospital, following a report of an assault at a Washington Street apartment.
- 2:06 a.m. A caller at Paddy Kelly's reported a group of five people were trying to start a fight in front of the bar. An officer said the altercation ended before he arrived and was between bar patrons and another group. Everyone fled and all was in order.
- 2:35 a.m. Police received a report of a large group of people fighting at the Portuguese-American War Veterans Post. Police said the scuffle was due to some guests refusing to leave the premises and everyone had left before he arrived.
- 11:39 a.m. Ryan J. Papazian, 30, of 11 Goldberg Rd., Peabody, was arrested on an outstanding warrant from Peabody District Court by an officer checking on parking in the area of Goldberg Road.
For questions on this log, email firstname.lastname@example.org.